The Influential Agile Leader: Make the Agile Promise Happen
Does Your Agile Transformation Need a Boost?
Your organization wants to be more agile for better outcomes, but the transformation is progressing slowly, haphazardly, or not at all.
Whether you are a transformation coach, agile practice lead, leader of a successful agile team/program, or passionate
We can help you help your organization. Spend two days in our Influential Agile Leader workshop, and you will:
- Discover fresh ways to see your organization’s problems as they relate to agile.
- Learn what’s needed to address those problems.
- Grow your abilities to influence others in your organization to get the transformation on track.
We run this workshop only once a year. Register now so you don’t miss it.
The 2020 session of the Influential Agile Leader workshop will take place on May 6-7 in the Boston area. Each day runs from 9am-5pm. We’ll select the venue shortly.
What You’ll Learn
Here is our high-level agenda. For full session descriptions, click here
- see the big picture of your agile journey
- produce an organizational map that reveals allies, key people to influence, and relationships that affect the journey
- make transformation real by aligning tactics and mindset
- influence other people in a congruent way
This workshop draws many like-minded people with diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Expect to learn and to share, to coach and be coached.
Your Choice of Specialized Sessions on Day 1
- Seeing and managing your real-world constraints (Johanna)
- Making agile teamwork possible (Gil)
After a short break, you have your choice of these two sessions, roughly an hour each:
- Being agile by ruthlessly selecting work to do and not do (Johanna)
- Managing the frustration of leading change (Gil)
If you want to switch session mid-way, that’s fine.
Your Choice of Specialized Sessions for Day 2
- Maximize your value while staying sane (Johanna)
- How to talk about change, what to change so others talk (Gil)
After a short break, you have your choice of these two sessions:
- How to think about “Big Agile” (scaling might not be the solution!) (Johanna)
- Achieving your vision of yourself (Gil)
As on day 1, you can freely move between sessions.
Testimonials from Previous Participants
“I feel that you and Johanna do such a fantastic job of creating space for people to get deeply inside their mindset and assumptions and anxieties, to bring all of that into awareness alongside the skills and intentions of creating really lasting and meaningful change. I teach and coach to things that I understand in large part thanks to how you have coached and shared your understanding and experience. Working with you and the people who are drawn to your session helps me bring the best of myself to the people I support. I know that even though I’ve grown and deepened my understanding of coaching and enabling people, that spending this time with this kind of community (again!) will help me grow tremendously.”
You get depth: We’ve both been technical contributors as developers and testers. We’ve both been managers at various levels. We’ve both introduced and facilitated change from the technical and management perspectives. We’re both students and teachers of human systems and organizational behavior.
She’s written 14 books, hundreds of articles and too-many-to-count blog posts. Her most recent agile books are Create Your Successful Agile Project, Manage Your Project Portfolio,2nd ed, and Agile and Lean Program Management.
A conversation about agile transformations
On October 17, 2018, about 100 people joined us for an online conversation. We shared what we’ve found to help or hinder agile transformations, answered many questions about successful transformations, and explained how The Influential Agile Leader workshop puts folks on a path to more effective leadership.
Here is the video of that conversation. The only visual element there is of us talking, so if you prefer the audio-only version, you may use our audio player (scroll just past the video) or right-click here to download it.
Conversation recording (audio only)
Register now for May 6-7, 2020 in the Boston area.
For greater traction with your agile transformation, we recommend you bring a like-minded colleague. Most attendees come in groups of two, three, or four, and they do experience a compounding effect. A couple of notes about that:
- We limit each organization to four attendees. If you want more people, contact us.
- If your group includes three or four people, we are happy to extend you a 10% discount for all of the people.
You may register in one of two ways:
- By invoice: use the contact form at the bottom of the page to ask us for one. We will reserve your space immediately.
- By credit card: Johanna will charge your credit card via Stripe (a secure transaction).
- Register by Dec 31, 2019: US $1,000 (and you get an hour of coaching with either Johanna or Gil. Your choice.)
- Register by Feb 29, 2020: US $1,200
- Register before March 31, 2020: $1,400
- Register in April or if we have room still in May, 2020: $1,600
We understand that things happen. You can always send a substitute. If you need to cancel, we will return 80% of your fee until 4 weeks prior to the workshop start. If you cancel after that, your fee is not refundable.